So, we’ve finally done it; launched a new website and created a special place where you can log in and read relevant articles, information, and inside chatting.
Notice a big stress here on the word RELEVANT. As in, relevant to your needs only; the needs of the JDW (Jewish Divorced Woman), or as we like to call each other; SISTERS! While there may be hundreds of Jewish sites streaming news and inspiration 24 hours a day, none are as tuned in to your unique situations and challenges as we will aim to be here, on this site.
So, how does this site differ from the old S2S website?
You’re kidding, right? Have you looked at the old S2S site recently? That’s okay. No hard feelings. Neither have we. With outdated graphics, old-school interactions, dead end forums, and no blog, there really wasn’t much to visit.
The new site is a complete overhaul created with you in mind. After about 6 months of planning, writing, designing, developing, and testing…we’re excited to share it with YOU!
So start browsing and please, please SHARE your feedback with us by commenting on this blog or by contacting us directly HERE.
Some new features we think you’ll enjoy:
- Easy to access editable profile with optional photo upload and avatar selection.
- S2S service signup listing all services offered as well as signup forms and contact information to access each one (help is a click away…)
- Referrals listing sorted by category and community so that you can easily access other available organizations and sponsors when the need arises.
- The S2S Virtual Library stocked with archived articles, videos, audio downloads and more to help educate and inspire you. Whenever. For Whatever reason.
- Events Gallery featuring upcoming and past events so that you can stay in the know. You can also view photos (of the venue and action, not you!) and detailed information.
Bonus: for some events, you can RSVP online as well.
- The S2S Blog (You are Here) with a rotation of guest bloggers (therapists, coaches, Rabbanim, Sisters, and others) to inspire and amuse as well as Staff updates and Yehudis Robinson’s Weekly Words of Chizuk. You will also be able to comment on the blog posts and give feedback.
- The S2S ‘Let’s Get Social’ Forum For Sisters Only where you can chime in and get advice on topics ranging from Parenting to Recipes to Careers to Legal Matters or even swap your old couch for a new dining room table!! You will be able to post, reply, upload photos, and even go anonymous when you feel like it.
- Designated Advertising Space for Sister owned businesses or business sponsors in our communities. Your business card will be seen by all members accessing the forum and you can enjoy advertised discounts from other businesses in your community as well!
- Read What Others Say about S2S and add your own perspective for others to read.
To sum it up…a boatload of features and nooks waiting for you to dive right in.
We’ve done the groundwork but now WE NEED YOU!
Our real gauge for success is YOU and how much you visit and interact here. So, get browsing, get chatting, get reading, and please GET YOUR OPINIONS HEARD so that we can continue to improve and add all the things you’d like to see.
Until next time, same place,
The Sister to Sister Staff
BTW: Have you noticed the S2S Logo Rebrand featuring 2 Sisters sharing an umbrella? Read more about our new identity HERE.